Corporate Senior Executives: Vice President,
General Managers, Chief Administrative Officers, and Senior Managers
of Municipalities, CEO's and Senior Directors of Large NGO's and
Associations, Assistant Deputy Ministers, Directors General, and
Senior Directors in Federal & Regional Government Departments.
5 days: 8:30am - 8:30pm.
Greeting and orientation session in the afternoon before the first
- Develop a thorough understanding of your individual
leadership strengths and areas for development, so you can successfully
guide your part of the organization and better coach those that
- Build a progressive framework for setting strategic
direction and facilitating complex change
- To study and make recommended actions for 'live
case examples' of strategic, complex organizational challenges
contributed by other participants.
- Explore the concepts and options for Leading a 'Network' of organizations, partners and associates.
- Apply your interpersonal and strategic leadership
competencies in a complex business simulation exercise with peers.
- Enhance your ability to work in conjunction with
the Board and other Senior Executives to facilitate multi-stakeholder
strategic thinking and planning processes.
- Understand key concepts of Governance and Community Engagement, plus how to apply.
- Tune up your understanding of Strategic Financial
Analysis and communication to the community.
Pre-course Participant Preparation:
- 360-degree Competency-based Executive Leadership
- The Hidden Connections - Fritjof Capra
- Readings on Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Various HBR Article
Faculty with experience as executives and/or specialty expertise
in these topic areas will be selected based on availability and
participant registrant numbers. They will likely include:
Doug Macnamara, Fritjof
Capra, William McDonough, other.
Arrival/Orientation & Greeting Session
2:00pm - Arrival and check-in
3:00pm - Program Start
· Welcome and Introductions
· 4 - Frames for Executive Leadership
· Changing demands for Executive Leadership incl. speed, productivity, innovation, etc.
6:30pm - Reception/Dinner
· Leadership - Management - Entrepreneurialism
· Ethics and Values in Senior Leadership
· Know Thyself - Personal Style Assessment: Executive Thinking,
Leadership, Psychological Profiles
· Know Thyself (continued)
· Coaching Others for Improved Performance
· Exploring Your Personal Leadership 'Brand'
· Leading in A Network
· Systems Thinking & Leadership of Social Networks
· Strategic Thinking and Planning
· Governance & Strategic Leadership Systems Approach
· Uniqueness, Value Proposition and 'Blue Ocean' Strategy
· Market Positioning and Branding
· Live Case Studies - Set up of Cases and Case Teams
· Strategic Leadership Simulation Exercise
· Simulation (continued)
· Live Case Studies
· Governance Principles & Role of Senior Executives with the Board
· Asset and Risk Management
· Live Case Studies
· Live Case Study Presentations
· Completing your Leadership 'Brand'
· Implementing Changes and Transformation in your Strategic/Network